the red tape in your trousers

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Babel no more

So the weekend turned out pretty freaking great. No seriously, I'm not talking about my lame ass lugubrious weekend. I want to talk about Globish. Globish man! It's creating an international shyster as we speak. Globish is basically bad English that some French guy,Jean-Paul Nerrière, decided to intellectualize by giving it a cool name and talk about it a lot. Made up of about 1500 words it's supposed to help Swedes f.ex. and other non original anglophones where business and political dealings are concerned. The thought being that bad English just works no matter where you are in the world. Pretty nifty actually.

Rummaging around in some drawers I found a little treasure called, "Lead the Field" by Earl Nightingale. A 6 CD set making up a guide for success. I’m listening to it right now and expect to be successful in a couple of days. Don’t know how I did without Nightingale. Check this out: "Before we go running off to what we think are greener pastures, lets make sure that our own is not just as green or perhaps even greener."

I like my pasture. And I like the people partying on it.

No comments: