the red tape in your trousers

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

About this thing...

Then there is the matter of this blog. I’ve decided to have it in English so all my associates, near and far, can gather around and read self-centered half-truths about what’s going on with me…. I guess that’s what blogs are for and little purpose in trying to avoid it.

So, well… I’m writing a thesis these days, about debt write-offs, but more specifically about IMF’s Highly Indebted Poor Countries initiative. I’m not so much writing it as struggling to find a good approach to tackle the damn thing but it will all come together eventually (“7,9,13 kow”). The plan is to have it ready and done by the end of August since I will be heading to Brussels to fill a trainee spot at EFTA:s Financial Mechanisms Office. That’s sort of where this blog comes in too. It has a half-arsed purpose you see. Too keep you from forgetting about me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i told my sister that you got a trainee spot at ETA Financial Office, no pencil pushing there or what!

Egill said...

They would't take me man. Said I wasn't in it for the cause...