the red tape in your trousers

Thursday, August 24, 2006

15:30 - 23:30

The truth is, I don’t really mind airplane delays. It ain’t that bad at airports and laptops with wireless have made it even better. But as most enjoyable experiences go, prolonged engagement will slowly take the fun out of it (with some exceptions). Flight FHE903 to Copenhagen is confirmed, on screen, to take off at 23:30. First, however, it was 15:30. Already had my complementary meal and the stores are closed. (Shouldn’t airport stuff be open 24/7? No law or something? Anyone?). Your boy is getting a little cranky. I do hope I get to sit next to a screaming child on the plane. I hope.

The reason for me being here is my move to Brussels. I’m stopping a few days in Lund to tie a few knots concerning my final thesis but will address onwards to Belgium on the 30th. It’s pretty damn exciting all of this. In Brussels I will be disbursing grants left and right. Evaluating and calculating, saving the world, although wearing a tie while at it. The dreads and the bongo drum will have to wait. Can’t have everything at once you see. Well, all this is good. But what’s even better is that my Anna (the spice of my life) is coming on the 22nd next month. And that’s the real reason why I don’t really mind waiting.

No comments: